November to May can be a cold and dreary time…. In order to cheer up your taste buds during this time and ensure the holidays are filled with the best butter around, BBB has set up shop with the Iowa Food Coop.
Why the Iowa Food Coop? The website puts it simply:
“We’re Local, We’re Fresh and Tasty, We’re Responsible
- All of our products are sold by producers who have grown, made, or raised each item
- 85% of what you pay for the foods you buy goes straight to our farmer-owners
- We help protect Iowa’s air, water, soil and wildlife by supporting farming practices that enhance the environment.
We’re Fresh, We’re Tasty
- “Money stays local.”
- “Better tasting.”
- “Good prices.”
- “Know who produces what you eat.”
- “Customizable orders.”
- “Convenient ordering from home.”
- “Everything you want in one purchase.”
Unfortunately, Better Butter Bureau can’t be at the market every Saturday. You can find us on these dates:
I won’t be able to make the market on 8/11. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Better Butter Bureau is a Des Moines based business that strives to make the best butter with the best ingredients. All cream is sourced from local dairies.
One of these is Sheeder Cloverleaf out of Guthrie Center, IA. To quote them: “Sheeder Cloverleaf Dairy is a grass-based dairy… The cows eat live growing grasses and legumes. We have found this method of farming to be good for the cows, good for our farm, good for us.” The other dairy is Kalona SuperNatural, a certified organic dairy in Kalona, IA.
We currently offer the following flavors of BBB butter:
1. Garlic Herb
2. Jalapeno Lime
3. Honey Walnut
6. Ghee (Clarified butter)
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com